Pre/Post Waxing Care
Do Not Wax If Taking Medications Such as Accutane, Retin-A, Antibiotics, or Insulin Shots
1. Don't exfoliate or scrub the skin prior to waxing. This removes layers of skin and can cause trauma to the skin. Skin can become irritated or too sensitive.
2. Do make sure hair is long enough to wax. Hair should be at least 1/4 inch, but no longer than 1/2 inch.
3. Do take ibuprofen or aspirin about 30 minutes prior to waxing to reduce pain.
4. Don't wear tight jeans if having a bikini or brazilian wax. Too much friction increases sensitivity and can make you more irritated after waxing.
5. Note: Waxing during your menstrual cycle can increase sensitivity.
7. Don't exercise or tan 24 hours before or after waxing. Pores are open after waxing and more susceptible to clogged pores and bacteria.
8. Do start to exfoliate the area 48 hours after waxing to prevent ingrown hairs and moisturize. Use exfoliating gloves or body brush while in the shower to gently exfoliate and moisturize after.
9. Do repeat waxing every 4-6 weeks. This ensures that each hair is removed during the different stages of development, resulting in a smoother wax.
Note: Always wear comfortable breathable underwear. Lace underwear, although it is breathable can cause extreme irritation to hair follicles.
See you soon,